A refrigerator or refrigerator that is not kept clean often causes a foul smell. The stench that remains in the refrigerator certainly makes us not in the mood to eat the food stored in it or afraid to cook it because the stench is often associated with bacteria or germs. Not only the smell of rot, meat or fish often also leave an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator.
There are several natural ingredients that you can use to get rid of bad odors in your refrigerator. Some of these natural ingredients have been proven to absorb bad smells and make your refrigerator smell fresh. So, here are some natural ingredients that you can use to get rid of the bad smell in your refrigerator:
- Turn off your refrigerator and clean all refrigerator shelves or drawers. Take it and clean it, including the water reservoir at the very bottom of the refrigerator. Clean all the shelves and drawers with baking soda or a pretty light cooking soda that you have previously diluted to resemble a paste. Use baking soda paste to wash or wipe down all parts of the refrigerator including shelves and drawers. Baking soda will not only remove stains by absorbing the stench of cooking, but the smell of meat or cooking aromas is strong as well. Or you can place an open container with baking soda inside and let it absorb the fragrance for at least 24 hours in the closed refrigerator.
- In addition to baking soda, you can get rid of unpleasant smells in the refrigerator by placing a few sheets of newspaper in the refrigerator for each shelf. Cover and leave for 24 hours, old newspapers will help absorb unpleasant odors in your refrigerator.
- If you have ground coffee, you can also use this material to get rid of unpleasant odors in your refrigerator. Place the coffee dust in a dish and put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours. This coffee is known to absorb fragrance effectively. After the refrigerator smells really fresh, take the coffee dust, don’t throw away the coffee dust because it still has benefits. Mix coffee dust with soil and use it to fertilize flowers in pots at your home or other plants at home as fertilizer.
- To prevent or reduce odor in the refrigerator be sure to set the temperature of your refrigerator and freezer temperatures perfectly – Too high a temperature will spoil faster and have more stinkage. Too low and you will be wasting money on your electricity bill and also contributing to climate change.
- For those of you who like the refreshing aroma of vanilla, you can also soak a piece of cotton in vanilla and leave it in for 12 hours which will produce a fresh aroma in your refrigerator.
- Add vinegar. Like baking soda, white vinegar will neutralize odors. Place an open cup or bowl in the refrigerator, or stir and dilute the vinegar with water for an effective washing solution.
- Use wheat germ as an odor absorber. Place a bowl of oats in your refrigerator and it will absorb the fragrance.
- Absorb fragrance with activated carbon. Similar to how to use coffee beans, place carbon briquettes, don’t use flammable briquettes because they are toxic in some shallow bowls or pretty snack trays and put them all in, put them on the shelves of the refrigerator. Set the refrigerator temperature to a low level and leave the door closed for a few days and the smell will disappear from your refrigerator. Activated carbon can be purchased at pet stores or drug stores.
Keeping your refrigerator hygienic is the most effective way to remove odors and prevent them from coming back.