Img source: Wikipedia Common
Well this time I will share a few tips on how to make emergency glue with materials that you can easily find around your home. So if you run out of glue or want to buy it but it’s late at night you can try some of the tips below to make emergency glue.
Making emergency glue
How to make glue using starch
- Starch starch (cassava flour) to taste
- Enough water
- Enough coloring
- Preservatives if you want to use it for the long term
How to make starch glue
- Prepare a container for boiling, it can be with a clean used can
- Combine starch, water, preservatives and coloring to taste into the can.
- Boil on the stove over medium heat, stirring until completely thickened. Don’t be too runny, if it’s still too runny add more starch
- Remove and leave to cool
- Put in a hygienic container, the glue is ready to use
Note : this starch glue you can use to glue materials such as paper and wood. Starch glue without preservatives will last a maximum of 2 days while using preservatives can take months depending on the type of preservative used.
How to use egg whites as emergency glue
- 1 egg or as needed depending on the area of the material to be glued
How to use
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites (only the egg whites are used)
- Clean the material to be glued
- Glue using egg whites that were previously beaten until foamy
- Wait for it to dry
Note: You can use this egg white glue to glue materials made of glass and mica such as flower vases, jars, aquariums, resistance depends on the material. As a reference for aquarium glass filled with water, it can last up to 1 week.
How to make glue with foam cork
- Cork foam (electronic device packaging / packaging) to taste
- Enough gasoline
How to make cork glue
- Prepare enough cork then cut into small pieces
- Prepare a container, you can use clean used cans
- Put the pieces of cork into the container, then pour enough gasoline. Wait for the cork to melt and stir slowly, if it’s too runny add more cork.
- Glue is ready to use
Note: Glue from this cork foam has a long-term effect, it can be used for emergency glue from materials such as wood, paper, plastic, glass, etc.