With this guide on creating and sharing your own Instagram filters, we basically answered the question of how to create an IG filter effect with your phone and explained the process of creating the effect.
Spark AR Studio, the app that can create custom face filters and other best effects for Instagram, is now available for all users. Previously, this was only available to Facebook testers.
[su_heading size=”25″]How to Make Your Own IG Filter With HP[/su_heading]
If you want to know how to create your own filters on Instagram with your phone, you’ll need a phone and a computer. Starting out by trying out this type of project is a great way to learn. For example, you can create a Face Distortion effect by following the steps below.
- Download and install the latest version of Spark AR Studio, available on Mac and PC.
- Go to the Examples tab and select Face Distortion.
- Save your project in a local folder by going to “File” > “Save”.
Change filters on Instagram
Now that you have a sample project open, you can modify it.
- Find and select the “faceMesh_distortion” item on the left side of the window on the “Scene” tab.
- Find “Deformation” on the right side of the window.
- Make sure the deformation window is enlarged.
- Under Blend Shapes, change any of the sliders to adjust the distortion of the face.
Create and use Instagram filters
So far, we’ve used sample videos to see our effect. You can use your webcam to see how the effect will look on you. You can change the introduction video as follows:
- On the far left side of the window, find and click the camera icon.
- Choose one of the faces offered.
- If you have a webcam attached to your computer, you will see the button just above the face. Opt for a live interactive preview.
Your effects are automatically updated and applied to your face. From here, make any other adjustments you want, then save the project.
Export Instagram filters
We will export the final file which we can use to upload filters to Facebook, post them to Facebook or Instagram (you can only choose one).
- Select “Export” from the File menu.
- A window opens showing how much space your filter will use on different device types.
- If everything is green and checked, hit the “Export” button. (Note: If not all device types are marked, you can export your files, but this can cause problems.)
- Then select a storage location that you can find easily and select “.arexport” as the file type.
- Open a web browser and make sure you are logged into the Facebook/Instagram account where you want to stream the effect.
- Go to this address and select the Continue box on the login screen.
- Click the “Install Effect” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the platform (Facebook or Instagram) you want the effect to appear on (in this case Instagram) and name your filter and hit the “Next” button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
- In the “Icon Effects” section, drag and drop the image you want to represent your filter on Instagram.
- Find the file you exported earlier by opening the file window.
- Drag and drop this file into the “Effect Files” section of the page.
- Check the Agreement box.
- Select “Install” and “Continue”.
- Confirm the information that opens and click the “Continue” button.
[su_box title=”Baca Juga” style=”noise” box_color=”#a3e2fd” title_color=”#000000″]
How to Test Instagram Filter Effects on Mobile
Now you can test the effect you have set up. On the next page you will find two options: “Preview in application” and “Get preview link”.
“In-app preview” lets you test the filter for 60 minutes from the account you are currently signed in to.
The “Get preview link” option provides a link that you can send to your friends, family or colleagues so they can test your filter; Remember, this link can only be used 200 times a day. Also, you can send this preview link to yourself (via email, chat, or whatever you want) because you’ll need it later.
How to Post Instagram filters/effects
- Press the “Next Steps” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose a category.
- Drag and drop videos to the “Demo videos” section of this page.
- Press “Next”.
- Choose when your filter will air.
- You can start right after approval or set a start and end date. Press “Next”.
- On the “Information Review” page, write a brief summary of what your effect is. This is for review purposes only and is not publicly available.
- Then, when you click on the phrase, you’ll be able to review everything you’ve done so far. Make sure everything is correct and click “Submit for Review” at the bottom of the page. The review takes approximately one business day, but can potentially take longer.
Now all you have to do is wait for your filter to be approved. If this happens, your friends and followers can find your filter in the app. It’s that easy to make your own IG filter on your phone. When answering the question of how to create Instagram filter effects on mobile, we explain the process of creating effects step by step in this article.