If we observe a worksheet in Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and so on) of course the fonts or letters provided are very many. But sometimes because of the demands of work, there are fonts that we must use but are not available in the application.
Or also sometimes we want to add to our font collection on a computer device who knows tomorrow or the day after we need these fonts so there is no need to bother anymore to search, download and then install these fonts because you have prepared them beforehand at Microsoft Office you.
When installing fonts into computer devices, these fonts are not only used in Microsoft applications but can also be used in various applications such as Photoshop, paint, and various applications that allow us to write text in them.
So how do you add fonts to your device? here are some steps you should do:
If you don’t have the fonts to install, you’ll first need to download the fonts. There are many sites that provide free fonts that you can visit on the Google search engine. For example, the site 1001freefonts which provides free fonts as well as licensed commercial fonts.
- First of all, please visit the 1001freefonts site to download free fonts
- Next, please search for the font you want and if you have found it, please download the font.
- If so, please wait until the downloaded font is saved to your device. The font that you downloaded earlier is in the form of a .zip file (winrar)
Extract and Install Fonts
The next step is to extract and install the downloaded font. The steps are as follows:
- Please you are not the folder where the fonts were downloaded earlier.
- Then right click and select Extract Herethen automatically
- Next, please find the file in the form of .ttf from the extract, then double-click on the file
- If the file is already open then please click install to install the font into your device.
- If so, the font will automatically be installed on your device.
Now to prove it, then please open your Microsoft application, be it Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Power Point and so on to check and use it.
Video Tutorial Install Fonts in Microsoft Office
If you still don’t understand how to install the font above, you can watch the tutorial below.
Well, that’s my description of how to add new fonts in Microsoft Office, be it Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point and so on. Hopefully my discussion this time can be useful for you and if there is something you don’t understand, please ask. That is all and thank you.