The increasing number of internet users who use online stores to purchase a number of goods or products are used by a few people to take advantage of this profit. Many of us hear that people experience fraud when buying goods at online stores, even I myself have experienced it. Online shopping is indeed a good way to compare prices, choose good items but at a price that is quite affordable and you can choose thousands of products that you may not find in offline stores around your place.
If you like to make purchases online then you need a little knowledge about how to shop online safely. You just need to stick to the laws that make sense and stay alert to make purchases online to avoid unwanted things. Some things to note are:
- How do you buy online for a small & untrusted online shop
- Where is the website from which you made the purchase
- How to make sure you are on a safe site
- What are other secure online payment methods?
- Stay alert for scams
If you find a product that interests you or your goals and want to buy from a small, untrusted company or online shop, be sure to:
- Avoid buying from online stores you are completely unfamiliar with, unless they have been recommended by someone you can trust.
- Avoid making purchases from an online store that does not include contacts such as email addresses, telephone numbers, real addresses of companies or stores (if any). You should be able to access the company’s address and phone number by trying to contact it first. If you can’t find the address and contact details, be sure to be careful.
- Make sure the online store is a real/not fictitious sales struggle. If in doubt, try searching for the news of the online store on a search engine
How to make sure you are on a safe site
Well, a safe and trusted buying and selling site, of course you see convincing things on their website like the following:
- Sites that are highly secure and encrypted will have a lock symbol on the browser page at the top left. Try typing Google.com, of course the website address has a padlock symbol in their cafeteria address.
- A secure online store website address in your cafeteria address should start with https:// not http://. S stands for secure or secure.
- Address with green cafeteria. Sometimes on secure sites all or part of your address bar can turn green. It depends on your browser and website, but it generally shows up well. Clicking on it will show the site’s security details.
How to implement the online payment method?
- Never show the account number and password to the online store whatever the reason they ask for it.
- Make sure the online store shows insurance as a 30-day refund pattern if the item doesn’t reach you.
Tips to avoid scams:
- Only buy from online stores that you know/trust.
- Never buy a product from spam or email that you didn’t ask for.
- If you are suspicious, crosscheck online. Do a web search for the company name and the word ‘fraud’ – if you find complaints from other people, make sure not to buy at the online store.
- Always look for news from review websites for the online store you want to buy before actually buying it.