Constipation or difficulty defecating that is not smooth due to hardening of the stool can be overcome with simple natural ingredients that you can find around your home, if in 3 days constipation persists immediately contact the relevant doctor to get the right treatment. Here’s how to prevent constipation:
Ways to prevent Constipation
- Avoid eating in any area that you don’t know is clean.
- Avoid consuming any type of food that is high in fat and sugar.
- Make sure your body’s fluid needs are maintained by drinking plenty of water at least 1.5 to 2 liters of water (approximately 8-9 glasses) a day.
- Routine or regular exercise, such as walking (jogging) can be done. Minimum 10-15 minutes for light exercise, and at least 2 hours for more vigorous exercise.
- Get used to regular bowel movements and do not like to hold bowel movements. There is no need to force to defecate every day if there is no stimulation because everyone’s digestive cycle is different.
- Consume foods that contain lots of fiber such as fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid carrying out excessive diet activities.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods, such as avocado, apple, and coconut.
Natural Treatment for Constipation
Some natural ways you can use to deal with constipation in a simple way. Jogging is a sport that can relieve and prevent constipation. Treatment of constipation or constipation naturally can be done by changing your diet to be healthier, exercising regularly, massaging your stomach and back, drinking lots of water, drinking prebiotic and probiotic drinks, or getting used to bowel movements every day by making a bowel movement schedule. called bowel training. Laughter therapy can also be done, because by laughing the abdominal muscles reflexively move so that the stomach is massaged so that it stimulates intestinal peristalsis and facilitates bowel movements. In order to help cure constipation immediately, the patient may not do the following, including:
- Hold defecation.
- Consuming ready-to-eat and hot dishes.
- Eat in large portions.
- Drink caffeinated drinks and soft drinks.
- Consuming cold food or drinks.
In addition to doing the things above to treat constipation, constipation or difficulty defecating, you can try this type of food to facilitate and accelerate the healing of constipation, here are some foods and drinks that help speed up the healing of constipation:
Lemon contains powerful antioxidants and antibacterials and this means that it will be very useful to help treat constipation as a colon cleansing agent from harmful bacteria or germs. Apart from being a cleaning agent, lemons also help soften hard stools so that they are easily removed from your intestines. How to use it is quite easy and simple, drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice and a little salt in it, consume in the morning.
Drink lots of water
Body fluids obtained from drinking water help remove toxins from the body and of course also help in overcoming constipation. Make sure to drink plenty of water at least 8-9 glasses per day to help with constipation.
Eating foods rich in fiber or Fiber
Consuming fiber-rich foods can overcome constipation. So, if you are experiencing constipation it is advisable to consume foods that have high quantity of fiber like dried beans, prunes, figs etc., the fiber in food acts like a sponge thereby preventing cramping and flatulence.
Consumption of papaya fruit
Now lastly, if you are constipated or have difficulty defecating, you can eat ripe papaya, this fruit helps “wash the stomach” and facilitates bowel movements.