In addition to the above factors, some common causes such as ageing so that the skin loses elasticity, genetics, stress, and poor skin care also contribute to making skin pores look bigger. Now to shrink the skin pores again, you can try using natural ingredients that have uses to help shrink pores. Here are natural ingredients and how to use them:
Shrink Pores – Open Skin Pores
Ice can shrink pores
Ice can help shrink pores because it tightens the skin. Ice packs are often used to minimize large pores before applying makeup. Ice will also stimulate circulation and promote healthier skin.
- Wrap the ice cubes in a hygienic cloth and hold it against your skin for 15 to 30 seconds. Do this several times a day. You can reduce the frequency of use when you see a noticeable difference in the skin.
- Or, you can only wash your face with ice cold water once a day.
- To increase the benefits of this remedy, infuse water for ice cubes with cucumber juice, apple juice, green tea or rose water.
Apple cider vinegar helps shrink pores
Apple cider vinegar works as a natural astringent toner for the skin. The acidic properties in apple cider vinegar help tighten your skin, reduce large pores, and restore the skin’s pH balance. Plus, it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat pus naturally.
- Mix organic apple cider vinegar and water in equal doses.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to your face.
- Leave it for a few minutes, and then rinse it off with clean water.
- For best results, use this remedy every night after cleansing your face. Continue with the application of a light moisturizer.
Shrink pores using egg white
Egg whites are also widely used to shrink enlarged skin pores because the content in egg whites helps in tightening the skin. Egg white mask also helps to deal with excess oil on the face naturally.
- Beat an egg (only take the egg white) then use it as a mask evenly on your face. Let it dry and then rinse with warm water. For better results, after applying egg whites, cover your skin with pieces of tissue paper and clean them when the mixture dries. Do this once or twice a week regularly.
Shrink skin pores using sugar scrub
Homemade sugar scrub can be very helpful in reducing large pores as it helps exfoliate dead skin cells and remove excess oil and dirt in the pores of the skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Stir and apply (rub it) gently on your skin for 20 to 30 seconds, and then wash it off with cold water. Use it regularly, once or twice a week.
Baking Soda helps shrink pores
Just like sugar, baking soda works as an exfoliating agent (scrub), helping to remove excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. It also helps balance the pH levels of the skin and reduces problems like pus and blackheads due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mix two tablespoons of soda and warm water.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and massage in circular motions for a few seconds.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Repeat the process daily for five to seven days. Then reduce the frequency to three to five times a week for a few weeks.
Lemon helps reduce and shrink skin pores
Lemon juice contains citric acid which helps accelerate the exfoliation of dead skin cells, helps rejuvenate and minimizes the appearance of open pores. It will also help repair your skin and remove dark spots due to its natural whitening effect.
- Mix one teaspoon of organic (pure) honey in the juice of one lemon. Apply it on your skin, and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off with clean water. Do this every day for at least a month.
- Or, apply a mixture of two tablespoons each of lemon juice and tomato juice. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat daily or three or four times a week for at least a month to see encouraging results.
- You can also apply a combination of one teaspoon each of lemon juice and cinnamon dust for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat daily for at least a month.
Cucumber helps shrink skin pores
Cucumber has natural properties as a natural astringent to help shrink open pores. Plus, it will improve your skin texture and add coolness to your skin.
- Grate one fresh cucumber or puree it in a blender until it becomes a juice. Soak a cotton ball in it and apply the juice on your skin. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- You can also add rose water or a little lemon juice to the cucumber juice. Apply it on your skin, and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
Oatmeal helps shrink pores
Oatmeal is great for exfoliating the skin and as a result it removes excess oil and dead skin cells that make open pores look bigger. Another advantage of oatmeal is that it soothes the skin and can be used for sensitive skin as well.
- Mix five tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of powdered milk and two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Apply this mixture on your face as a face mask and gently rub in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat once or twice a week regularly.