Dandruff can also be a symptom of seborrhoeic dermatitis, psoriasis, fungal boils or head lice. Now to treat dandruff hair effectively, first know the cause of dandruff and you will get the perfect treatment to treat dandruff perfectly according to the cause of dandruff. Make sure you don’t scratch your skin too often even though it feels very itchy, this can cause skin damage, which can further increase the risk of infection, and the most frequent infecting wounds on the scalp when you have dandruff are staphylococcus aureus and streptococcus bacteria.
Although normally and generally dandruff is not dangerous (as long as it is not due to disease or infection) but this of course can reduce self-confidence for the sufferer, so here are some effective tips to prevent dandruff.
The Right Way to Prevent Dandruff in Hair
1. Proper hair care can prevent dandruff on your scalp such as shampooing your hair regularly (but don’t wash your hair too often using shampoo) you should shampoo your hair using up to 2 days. This is to keep your hair moisturized and make your hair not dry and if your hair and scalp are dry this will actually make your hair dandruff.
2. Use the perfect shampoo to shampoo your hair according to your hair type and scalp. The perfect shampoo will help restore a good scalp acidity level, break down oil, and prevent dead skin cells from building up into visible fragments. Here’s the review:
- Use a shampoo that suits your hair condition. For example, containing zanthoxylum (capable of lifting dandruff while preventing recurrence). Another option is a shampoo containing selenium sulfide or ketoconzole, which acts as an antimicrobial, and helps get rid of dandruff by directly attacking the organisms that cause dandruff. But keep in mind for color-treated hair, avoid anti-dandruff shampoos containing sulfur or selenium sulfide, because they can fade hair color.
- Shampoos containing sulfur can also help remove dead skin while reducing skin fat formation and suppressing skin formation and shedding.
- Shampoo that contains Zinc-Pyrithion (ZPT), which is antifungal that can suppress the growth of Pityrosporum ovale (P. Ovale), one of the fungi that causes dandruff. Hair care products that contain Tea Tree Oil can also be used, because they can help prevent the occurrence of P. ovale fungus.
Tips for using shampoo
If the dandruff problem is resolved, use an anti-dandruff shampoo only occasionally or when absolutely necessary.
3. For daily care, use a hair moisturizer without rinsing containing fenugreek flora extract.
4. Get enough rest. It is also good for the body’s metabolism. Thus, with a normal metabolism, your scalp will also be healthy and prevent dandruff.
5. A healthy and regular diet reduces the consumption of oily foods such as fried foods.