Internet connection in Indonesia is an internet connection which is still in the slow and expensive category compared to developed countries such as Europe and America. This time I will share a few tips on how to increase internet connection speed, but you also need to know that loading speed is influenced by the policies and bandwidth of each internet operator you use, so we only use tricks to speed up internet connection by increasing the use of the signal so that the speed can be increased.
With internet that is stable and not slow, it will make accessing your internet needs easier and more enjoyable, here’s how to speed up internet connections in various ways that make it easier for you to choose an option that is easy for you to use:
How to Speed Up Internet Connection via CMD
You need to know that together with a computer / laptop with a windows operating system, a maximum internet connection can only be used 80%, the remaining 20% is used for other functions, you can maximize and increase the internet connection to 100% by editing the configuration file in gpedit.msc.
- Press the Windows key + R so that the Run tab appears, then type gpedit.msc See the image below:
- After opening gpedit.msc, on the left go to the Local Computer Policy folder, open the Computer Configuration folder again, then Administrative Templates, then Network, then QoS Packet Scheduler after opening, look on the right and look for Limit Reservable Bandwidth, double click the file, See image below:
- Click on Enable then change the bandwidth limit to 0. See the image below:
Speed up GSM modem internet connection
Use a modem that has a high speed, it is better to use a modem with a speed above 7.2mbps, because the speed of the modem greatly affects internet speed. Just a recommendation it would be better if you use an antenna or other tool to strengthen your modem signal, and it’s better to use a fan so that the modem doesn’t heat up quickly.
Speed up internet connection via port
- Setting the port on windows, the trick is
- Click Start > Right click on My computer, > Select Properties > then select Device Manager.
- After that look for Ports (COM & LPT), double click on one of the ports. See the image below:
- Select the port settings tab, change the bits per second to 128000, and flow control to Hardware, do this on the other ports as well. See image below:
Speed up internet connection through provider settings
How to speed up internet connection setting Priority Provider, to change it go to regedit by:
- Press Windows+R, then type regedit and enter.
- On the left tab, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> Services >> Tcpip >> ServiceProvider. see picture below:
- Then on the right, double click on DnsPriority, change the value data to 1, as well as HostsPriority, LocalPriority, NetbtPriority, change the value to 1 all.
Speed up internet connection using tweaks
Another way is to tweak cpipParameter, to do the tweak, we need to enter a new registry into the regedit system, the method is like this:
Open notepad, then copy the following code and paste it in notepad.
“SackOpts” = dword: 00000001
“TcpWindowSize” = dword: 0005ae4c
“Tcp1323Opts” = dword: 00000003
“DefaultTTL” = dword: 00000040
“EnablePMTUBHDetect” = dword: 00000000
“EnablePMTUDiscovery” = dword: 00000001
“GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize” = dword: 0005ae4c
Then save it with the name Tweak.reg . and run the file.
Speed up internet connection using other DNS
How to speed up internet connections in this way is only for those whose DNS often has errors or slow responses, so friends can replace it with Google DNS or Open DNS.
- Using Google DNS, Open Control panel and select network.
- Then click on the name of your connection. See the image below:
- Click Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 > Select Use following DNS > enter Google DNS, namely 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 See the image below:
- Click ok to finish.
- Google DNS can also be used to penetrate websites that are blocked by your ISP’s DNS.
- You can also use OpenDns, which are 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
When finished, restart your computer for better results, here are some ways to increase the speed of your internet connection, but keep in mind that the maximum speed depends on the features and internet bandwidth provided by each internet operator, this method is only increasing or optimizing it.